“If she’s not home at eleven, I’ll blow your head off. Is dat clear homme?” I swallowed, noticing the serious glint in Mr LeBeau’s red on black eyes. He was smoking a thin cigar, the smoke wafted like misty fingers towards the sky.
“Yes sir” I replied, nervously twitching the small bouquet I was going to give Belladonna. We were standing on the porch to their house. A sweet scent of jasmine spiced the air from the bushes. We stood in silence, him with that hard glare that didn’t leave my face, me trying to look at anything but him. Finally the door opened, and Bella came down, gliding. She was breathtaking. Her auburn hair caught up in a tight pony tail, decorated with pearls. The green glittering dress revealing her lush curves and followed every graceful move. A transparent green shawl was draped around her shoulders. She looked up at me, smiling softly. Once again I swallowed hard, and closed my mouth.
“Do ya like it?” she enquired, and I could only nod.
“Ya don’t look bad either. Is that for me?” With fumbling fingers I fastened the bouquet around her wrist. Mrs LeBeau followed, carrying Bella’s 1 year old brother.
“Ye kids have a good time now ye hear?”
“You better behave. I’ll be up waiting” Mr LeBeau grumbled. Bella sighed, and took the few steps down to me, linking her arm with me.
“Pa, ah’ll be home when ah want. An if ya don’t stop threatening Jimmy ya'll be waiting ‘till hell freezes over before ah come back!”
“You better watch your mouth petit” father and daughter glared angrily at each other.
“Remy, Belladonna, Ya stop this instant or ah’m gonna knock yer thick heads!” They both turned their gazes at Mrs. LeBeau.
“Remy, ya let the kids be. They both know how to behave, better than ya ever knew. Bella, don’t mess yer dress to much. Ah’d hate ta have it ruined when ah’d ta struggle with it for three weeks. An' if ah hear ya were fighting Illyana, the trip ta New Orleans is off for the next century for yer part. Now, off with ye, an Jimmy?”
“Yes ma’m?”
“Take care of her. Be home at two. Coming swamp rat?”

*


The images fades, as new ones takes its place

*





You must login () to review.