Silence met her words. My heart was pounding madly. I felt the sting in my knuckles as the three bone claws broke through my skin. I had only released the claws in my right hand, not those in my left, the one she held, confident I wouldn’t hurt her. She continued without waiting for an answer from me.
“Mama said something about how it would be nice to see the others. That it would feel like the teams would assemble again, but it would be sad that some were missing. She mentioned aunt Jean, Nightcrawler, Cain and your parents. Papa got angry when she mentioned yer folks and told her that it was that murdering mother fuckers fault they weren’t here. And that he never should had trusted that “sick fuck”. Mama hushed him up, telling him that they had promised never to bring it up, and if he couldn’t keep his mouth shut they should have let the professor mind-wipe them like he had sugested…” Her mouth moved, more words spilling, but I didn’t listen anymore. So...this was the secret they tried to hide from me? My parents wasn’t killed in an accident, they had been murdered. The blood was pounding madly in my ears. Had Xavier erased the memory from other peoples minds? How many knew? Did Hank and Cecilia knew? Why wouldn’t they tell me?
“Jimmy say something”
Who had killed my parents? Another mutant? Had they caught him? Why wouldn’t they tell me? Why all this secrecy? Was the killer still loose? The questions came at a mad speed, and as they were unanswered I felt my anger rise. I felt cheated and rightfully so. They had been my birthparents. I had the right to know what happened to them, and if they hadn’t caught the killer, it was my right to know and avenge my parents death.
“Jimmy. Please…calm down” I felt the burn in my knuckles, and Bella gasped as my claws ripped through my skin, cutting her hand. The scent of her blood filled my nostrils, mingling with the sickly sweet scent of lilacs.
“Leave me” I growled, yanking my hand from her. She took a step back, eyes wide.
“Jim..” She raised her hand, sticky with blood to my face, her fingers resting a moment at my lips before I turned angrily away. It was dangerous for her to be near me now. I could feel my anger turning to something ugly, dark and lethal. She sensed it, and still she wanted to stay, wanted to help.
“GO” I shout in a growl. I felt her blood in my mouth. Sweet, salt and…my senses goes haywire.

I can’t see, can’t hear. I’m in darkness, it’s warm, and I’m small, confined in the dark, warm water. Hearing muffled sounds, a woman’s sweet voice, a mans darker but comforting. I recognize them, it’s Mr and Mrs Lebeaus voices. How? I can’t tell. Suddenly, I’m moving, turning in the closed space, moving someplace even closer. It’s difficult, the sounds are getting louder, and the darkness gives away to light that hurts despite my eyes are being closed.
“Push. I see the head know. Lovely auburn hair. Push Rogue”
It was Cecilias voice. The warmth gave away to the cold, the hurting light. I have been pushed out of the comforting small place, to a cold nothingness. I cry and flail my limbs. Something wet and warm is splashed on me, then I’m wrapped in something soft.
“Congratulation, you are proud parent’s to a beautiful baby girl.” I am put into strong hands, comforting arms. My crying subsides as I recognize the scent, and voices.
“Isn’t she the most beautiful thing ya ever seen?”
“She’s perfect chere, perfect.”
“Welcome to us, Belladonna Marie LeBeau”
I am Belladonna. I live her life. Her memories become mine, and I relive her life, sensing her sadness and joy, her deep affection for her father and jealousy against her mother at first. I can somehow speed through her life, focus on some things, discard others.

“Did you do it?” I/Bella giggled at the red haired freckled girl, sitting in the bed in front of me. I nod, and Susie’s eyes widen.
“How was it? Tell me!”
“Messy mostly...and it hurt...quite a lot. But for the most part it was wonderful”
“Tell me everything! What did he do? What did you do?”
I feel myself blushing, and bends forward to speak in hushed tones.
“Well…we was in his room, and we started to kiss at first. Then he put his hand on mah breast and laid me back.” I told Susie how i made love to Jimmy for the first time, every detail. Susie was fascinated and listened to every word I said.
“He licked you? Down there? Eeew!”
“No no...it was the best!”
“Did you…you know…suck him?” We burst out in nervous giggles, but I shook my head.
“No ah just felt it. It’s strange. Hard and soft. And it was so strange, ‘cause when he growled, It turned me on”
“I haven’t even kissed a boy properly. I wish that Brandon would stop seeing me as only a friend” Susie sighed sadly. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that Brandon preferred boys and that I suspected that Brandon was in love with Jimmy.


I see with Bella’s eyes, listens with her ears as she learns the secret about what happened to my parents. I feel the pain my claws cause her, and suddenly her terror as I saw myself through her eyes, falling down .

The memories ended there and slowly my mind becomes my own, my senses my own. I lay on my back, hearing upset voices, someone is shaking me furiously.
“Pa, please don’t hurt him! He didn’t mean it” Bella was screaming. Her father was shaking me, and I felt his fist landing on my face.
“Remy stop, you're killing him!” There are a multitude of voices, My fathers and Mrs. Lebeau’s and others. The voices are all jumbled together, I can’t separate them. Pain racked my body as he once more hit me. They tried to get him off of me. Without thinking I raised my fist, punching without seeing and felt blood wash over my face. My claws were released, and by the terrified screams I know I had done something unredeemable to Bella’s father. But I had no time to think as I tasted his blood, and new memories fill me.

I relived Remy’s Life.





You must login () to review.