Title: Solitude
Author: Ladie
Chapter 1: Acknowledgment
Song: My Immortal: by Evan
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the X-men or anything that belongs in the Marvel Universe; and no many is being made from this story

I’m so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
’cause your presence still lingers here
And it won’t leave me alone

These wounds won’t seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There’s just too much that time cannot erase

[chorus:]
When you cried I’d wipe away all of your tears
When you’d scream I’d fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me




Removing myself from the warm body entangled with her own she rose from the bed to stare out the window. The beauty of the mansion surroundings a sight she never tired of. Wrapping her arms around herself she let the tears she normally held in silently slip down her face. Fogging the window with her breath face pressed against the window like a small child as she struggled to keep her emotions from affecting the weather. Even with her eyes closed she could still see the reflection of the broken woman she had become. She Storm, the untouchable Goddess, Mother Hen, advisor, and keeper of most secrets here in the mansion. She who could bend the weather to her own will, make the rain stop, make the snow fall in the summer, was lonely.

It was nights like these when she felt the sting of loneliness the most.
When he came to her with his heart full for another, looking for comfort and understanding. How could she ever turn him away? Him with his red/black eyes who was her very heart and my soul. The one she would do anything for. Despite all their fights, betrayals, and general chaos, Remy stayed; and that was becoming to much of a sight to bear. Letting the tears dry she admitted to what had been too long denied. She was still totally and hopelessly in love with Remy Lebeau. She desired what they had once had. Those stolen nights so long ago that were never spoken of. The only secret she held that had ever eaten her from the inside out.

He had moved on, as if nothing had ever happened leaving her to be haunted by the memories. So she did what came naturally, and pretended not to care. It was something she was good at, seeming unaffected when she was really dying inside. Shoving everything to the back of her mind, and smiling when all she wanted was to cry out, scream, cry, anything to bring release to the volatile emotions brewing.

Turning she smiled despite her sadness at the site of the Cajun sprawled across her bed face relaxed, innocent and unguarded in slumber. Sighing deeply she walked to the bed remembering another time away from the mansion.

~~~~~~~
2 Years Earlier in New Orleans

After being reunited after the incident in Antarctica Remy and Storm had gone off alone to New Orleans for a while.

“Remy!” She called smiling as She entered the small , but homy apartment they both shared. She was really enjoying the domestic life. It was the first time living on her own away from the others. She talked to Jean and Scott frequently, and occasionally even Logan would shock her with a call.

“I on da porch Stormy,” He said which told me her was having a cigarette, a habit she knew she would never cure him of.

“Do not call me that, how are you feeling?” She asked knowing that each week I saw more and more of the Gambit She had met many years back.

It would not be much longer before he wished to return to the mansion, and surprisingly the idea didn’t hold as much comfort as it once would have.


“ I tol you I be fine, now don worry non,” He said making me smile as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, and pulled her to his side.

“ I wan thank you petite you da best padnat any one could have, “ He said making her shiver when hid voice dropped an octave. This was a tone normally reserved for one of his many conquests.

“Are you su- “ She asked cut of by the feel of his soft lips on mine.

“ I wan ya Stormy,” he said, red on black eyes meeting her crystalline gaze.

“Yes,” She whispered shakily afraid to believe her long running fantasy was actually coming true.

Relaxing in his arms she wrapped her arms around his neck leaning into him as she strained to feel his body against hers. Hungry for more skin she paused to rid him of his signature trench.

“Etienne,” she whispered loving the way his eyes seem to shine at the name no one else used.

“Les take this in side Chere,” he said lifting her as she wrapped herlegs around his waist.

: Consequences be damned: The only thought that run through her head. Knowing this one moment would be worth any amount of heartache that might follow. If only she had known then just how much pain would come from that night.

You used to captivate me
By your resonating life
Now I’m bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts

~~~

Feeling Remy stir She quickly pushed the rest of the memory away. That night had been the first of many during their time spent in New Orleans. Six months of pure bliss until everything came crashing down at once. Just like every other romantic relationship she had ever pursued. Silently cursing herself for being a coward she flung the covers away. Quickly packing two suitcases she kissed Remy’s forehead before looking around the room one last time. She needed to leave, to find peace once more.

Knowing Charles was usually up with the sun she headed to the kitchen. Where he would he having his first cup of the day. She would not sneak out like a thief in the early morning; She was Ororo Munroe, once worshipped as a Goddess, and right now She was going to walk away and lick her wounds, head held high.





You must login () to review.