Title: Solitude
Author: Ladie
Contact: fickycter@aol.com
Summary: Unsettled by her love for her best friend Storm decided to leave the mansion, shocked when she received an unexpected traveling companion.
Rating: R
Chapter 13: The Storm’s Fury
A/N: thanks to every one reading, and especially those who left a review. You’re honesty, and support is always appreciated. I’ll try to keep an eye out for the typos guys sorry about those.

Pretty please read and review, I’m curious to see what y’all think of this chp.


Storm clouds blocked the sun, and a shiver ran down his back as lightning began to zigzag through the sky. The ominous boom of thunder promised to bring a nasty down pour, and all he could muster as a reaction was a look of sympathy for the beauty by his side. Not twenty feet away was a tiny toddler with a wavy mass of auburn hair, café latte skin and delicate features very similar to the woman closest to his heart.

“Ro,” He whispered hoarsely as she slowly approached the adorable girl who stood a few feet away from the cotton candy dispenser, obviously waiting for her parent to finish paying in line. Stepping closer to put an arm around her waist for support Logan came to an abrupt halt as his nose began to go haywire.

“What the Fuck!” He whispered growling as his senses were assaulted with an odd blend of the Cajun and Ororo.

When the woman with dishwater blonde ringlets appeared at the girl’s side with a cone of blue cotton candy, the mystery was solved and all hell broke loose. Once again Belladonna had managed to fuck with one of the most precious things in the Cajun’s life.

: No way this is going to have a happy ending: Logan thought moving closer to the child who starred at him with open curiosity.

She appeared to be healthy and well cared for, but there was on telling what she had been exposed to over the past few years.


The wind began to roar and small gales began to blow people, food carts, and anything else in its path over, and away from the scene that was about to occur. The sky light like the fourth of July in response to Ro’s rage; and the smell in the air promised one hell of a storm.

~~~

“ I need a jet,” Remy said quickly hopping from the table where he Bobby, and Kitty had been playing a round of poker in the rec room.

“Are you cooked Cajun, no way the Professor’s just going to let you have the jet to go gallivanting in.

”Sometin jus aint right Mon ami,” He said refusing to ignore the feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Ignoring the odd looks he was flashed he hurried towards the wing, becoming more uneasy when Xavier chimed in to his head.

: Hurry Gambit, I fear there is… a delicate situation in New Orleans that needs your attention:

Suiting up in five minutes flat he was throwing the jet to into full throttle almost the minute he was in the air, and swearing a blue mile at the fifteen minutes it was going to take to get there. Feeling sicker and sicker as the weather worsened as he reached his destination wondered what could have possibly happened to get under Stormy’s skin. She wasn’t an easy woman to anger, and especially not to this point.

~~~
“You have just made the last mistake of your life,” Storm said, eyes whiting over as hale the size of golf balls began to descend from the sky around the shell shocked river rat.

“How dare you take my child!” Storm screamed smiling maliciously as she began a game of cat and mouse letting her lightning dance around the woman who’s hair now stood on end from the charged ozone.



“Hi Darling,” He said crouching down at the little girl who peered up at him unafraid.

: That must be your mother’s side: He thought smiling at the young beauty. Ororo had been the only one who had never feared him, sure she’d called him an animal at their first meeting, but never had she turned from him in terror.

“My name’s Logan, what’s yours?”

“Wenee,” She said making him smile gently.

“Renee, that’s a pretty name,” he said torn between letting the blonde haired witch get her just deserts, and putting a stop to Ro’s actions before she did something she’d regret.
Thankful that they had moved into a secluded alley, and everyone had scattered due to the storm, he decided to hold out, and gage the situation.

~~~

“How does it feel? To know you’ve been robbed of the most precious years of some one you love you white haired whore!” She screamed, still bitter despite the years; completely oblivious to just how much danger she had placed herself in.

Shaking with the energy from the lighting she was conducting, Storm literally saw amber, the words coming from the woman just below where she hovered barley registering in her feral state. She who had vowed to harm none could only think of inflicting pain.

“ Who do you think you were to come back here with him, flaunting in my face, prancing around town like I wouldn’t know? And then you had to go and get knocked up by him! And have his child!” She said silenced by the swift wind that threw her into the wall of the nearest building.

“Silence!”

So much pain and anguish because of this one woman. This poor misguided soul, who she could find no sympathy for, preparing to deliver a killing bolt of lighting, she rose her hands.

:Chuck!:

Reaching out to the professor when the whirlwinds grew, and the hale turned to snow Logan held the small child closer to keep her warm. If she kept this up much longer she was going to do some serious damage.

:I am trying to reach her Logan, but Ororo has very strong mind shields due to her battles with the Shadow King:

: Right now her rage is consuming her, it is all she is focused on, and I cannot breech her walls:

:Keep Trying Damnit!:

“Ro Darling you have to stop!” He screamed over the wind relieved when she paused in mid- strike.

“She deserves death,” She whispered in a tone he had never heard the goddess use before. It held a cold and callous quality devoid of compassion or concern.

“So do a lot of people darlin, that doesn’t mean we have the right to take their lives from em.”

“ She kept my child from me Logan,” She said arms at her side as she struggled to do the right thing.

“ I know darlin, but she’s here now,” He said drawing her attention to the miniature replica in his arms.

~~
Making the jet invisible with a cloaking device he landed on a stretch of grass in the middle of the park praying the storm would cover his unusual entrance. Gritting his teeth he leaned in to the wind fighting against the pressure as he tried to reach the location the professor was guiding him to.

“Mon dieu” Gambit whispered taking in the scene displayed before him.

The grounds had been severely damaged by the gale winds, and hale, and small whirlwinds seemed to be blocking the alleyway he needed entrance into

“Time to test de skills,” He muttered, catapulting himself with his staff as he reached for a flag pole, and swung himself gracefully over the stationary whirl winds that had been guarding like sentinels.

“Non Stormy!” Gambit yelled as she saw her raise her arms to deliver what he knew would be a killing blow to his former wife.

“ She stole our child Remy, our baby, all this time we thought…” She said trailing off as he turned to see the small child now content in the arms of the Wolverine.

“Jésus Le Christ,” he whispered slow to approach the bebe that wasn’t supposed to exist.

“ Renee?” He asked trembling as the little girl ducked her head shyly.

“Mon bébé,” He whispered drinking her in with his eyes, like a wino on a binge.

“You take her, I’ll deal with Ro,” Logan said knowing she had to be near exhaustion with a display of power that large

: I have control now Logan, I’m going to knock her unconscious before she does any more damage:

: I’m ready: Logan said moving from the Cajun being reunited with his daughter, and prepared to catch the goddess as she stilled, and began to fall.

“ Bella,” Gambit said letting the golden haired woman she had not been forgotten in all the chaos.

“You been a thorn in my side for way too long, and I’ve always let you go with a warning, now I’m telling you if you ever come near me and mine again I kill you myself.”

“But Remy, she should have been ours, we can raise her together, I took good care of h-” She said falling silent when Remy’s eyes began to glow.

“Go before I do sometin I regret in front of ma petite,” He said with a growl that made Logan proud.

Scrambling away like a puppy with its tale between her legs she was caught of guard by a left hook to the face.

“ If even one hair on my daughter’s head has been harmed, I will find you,” Storm said starring down at the still dazed woman attempting to gain her footing.

Eyes wide, she nodded her head seeing the promise of death in the white eyes.

“Stormy!” Remy cried tears of joy in his eyes as he hugged her to him, completing the family circle as he ran a hand through Ro’s hair.

“Oh, Remy,” She whispered stroking her daughters face gently as she struggled to reign in the weather patterns she had created.

Suddenly feeling out of place Logan shifted his weight. They made a good looking family, him tall and tan, and her delicate and exotic, their child the best mixture of both parents. He knew this changed everything; she would want to be a family. Stepping away from the joyful reunion Ro turned to look at him curiously, wondering why he hung back, when she wanted him by her side.

“Logan what-“ She said trailing off as she fell towards the ground.

“Stormy!”

“ Ro!” Logan yelled, his reflexes just fast enough to keep her from hitting the ground.

:I am sorry I had to stop her from doing more damage, there’s a power outage here in New York, and there were tornados rapidly forming in various other places: Xavier explained setting them both at ease.

“When’s mommy coming back?” Renee asked making both men wince.

”Dat woman, she was non you real mother petite, dat be Stormy,” He said knowing they would have a long road ahead of them.

Following the Cajun back to the black bird he gently stroked Ro’s hair.

: I love you enough to let you be happy darlin: He thought all ready planning his goodbye in his mind.





You must login () to review.