Title: After Math
Author: Ladie
Genre: Drama Romance
Rated: NC-17
Disclaimer: I do not own anything in the marvel universe, and no money is being made from this story.

A/n: To all who read and updated, thank you so much for your support and reviews. AS you may or may not have known I was thrown into the depths of writers block at the ideal of having to choose between Wolverine or Remy for Ororo when I loved them both so much in completely different ways. After two very long years I’ve reached some decisions and find myself ready to tackle this story once more. Hope y’all enjoy as much as you did before.

Much Love and respect

Lad


~~



Tired of tossing and turning Wolverine threw the sheets off and slipped from the bed he was lying in with Ro. She’d been out cold since they’d arrived home hours before, but after the intense surge Charles had given her it was only normal. His inability to find peace with her so near however was not. Raking a hand through his hair he made his way out of the room quietly as he headed for the balcony with a stogie. He’d told himself she’d be better with Lebeau earlier swore he’d leave them to be a family, but he’d lied. He could never be that honorable when what he wanted was right here in front of him.

And for once it wasn’t just what he wanted, it was what he needed, what he’ d been searching for. Love, understanding, peace all wrapped up in the form of a white haired, blue eyes beauty that’d managed to possess his heart. Wishing he’d told her things earlier he wondered if she’d believe him now. Would she see the truth for what it was or think it was a plea in the contest for her heart he knew would begin soon? He had seen it in the Cajun’s red and black eyes earlier when they’d brought her back to the jet. The boy had finally taken his head out of his ass long enough to realize he loved her and he wanted the full package. Renee and Ro and Remy a happy fucking family of R’s.

Grimacing at the picture that flooded his mind he sucked down the nicotine grateful for the calming affect it had. The wolf inside him was restless now. Angry and wanting to stake its claim before the other male interfered in what had been naturally progressing. They’d been taking things slowly, because both knew it when they truly gave their hearts it would be forever.

“His Ro was a mother now.” He thought smiling as it hit him once again. Everything had changed in a matter of hours, and he couldn’t help but share in the joy he knew was to come. That gaping hole in her heart would be filled, and she had a little being to shower with love and affection. There was so much of her all ready in her daughter. It was in those fearless intelligent blue eyes, the tilt to her head and the grace evident even now. To be fair there was Remy too, in the mischievous grin and the fly away hair.

She seemed to accept the new arrangements for the time being, but he knew it was only a matter of time before she demanded to be returned to her Mother or Belladonna attempted to take her back. He was still trying to wrap his head around how she’d pulled the kidnapping off. He supposed if she’d found a powerful enough telepath and their guards were down it was possible. But the time she’d had to pour into it curled his stomach. They were the actions of an insane person, one who would never truly leave them alone. Finishing off his stogie he returned to bed centered now that he’d made his decision… he would fight for her.

~~



Waking slowly she sat up taking in the chaotic state of the ozone around her. There was a disturbance that only she could cause lingering in the air and her head was pounding like she’d gone on a weeklong binge. Reigning in her feelings she concentrated on calming things down as her mind sifted through the things that had happened the day before. A nightmare that had spilt over in to reality, or actual events occurring in real life, it was hard to tell as she reeled from the exhaustion that lingered from over use of her powers? Frowning at her confusion she called for the man she had spent the past few weeks with.


Laughing lightly when he burst through the door, with claws at the ready she waved him over to the bed.

“You okay Darling?” He asked cautious as he tried to gage her mental state. Knowing the face she wore was much too calm for all that had occurred.

“ I had the oddest dream,” She said making his heartache.

Sensing his un ease she stilled as the color drained from her face.

“It was not a dream,” She whispered recognizing the disorientation being controlled by Xavier brought.

“He had to put me to sleep,” She whispered half to her self as she pondered just how much damage she had managed to do.

“ Before you did too much damage darling, nothing more than a few power outages, and a some heavy rain,” he said stroking her hair as she held her close savoring her scent as his chest filled with an emotion he didn’t’ want to admit was relief. She’d called for him first when she woke, and even now she accepted his comfort. He’d been afraid she would shut him out.

“Renee?” She asked almost afraid to believe her daughter was still alive.

“ The Cajun took her shopping for a few things, figured you’d want some time to adjust when you first woke,” He said watching as her eyes grew glassy as she shook her head.

“My God , I have a little girl… I’m a Mother,” she whispered trembling slightly as she turned to face him.

“She… she’s okay?” She whispered as he nodded smiling.

“Okay enough to talk our ears off this morning over pancakes,” he said as she nodded swallowing as a million thoughts ran through her head. Would she understand that they were her real parents now? She didn’t know anything about her. What her favorite color was, or her favorite food if she was allergic to anything o or showed signs of a mutation. How had she been raised? And more importantly what should they do now? Bringing her back to the mansion would put her at risk and force them to reveal the change in their relationship years earlier.

So many things to think about and yet none of them really mattered in the long run because they had their baby girl back now, and they’d do what it took to make sure everything worked out.

~~

No greens, no yellows, and no purples. The most important things he’d learned about picking out clothes with his daughter. Shaking his head he smiled as awe filled him once more. He was a Father. He and his Stormy had a baby girl to raise. It was the realization of a dream that they’d thought lost to them, and at just the right moment. He had nothing holding him back having broken things off with Rogue and he was ready to commit to settle down marry and maybe even have a few more. He just had to get past de Wolverine. He’d seen the possessive way he’d held her and the fact that he’d
kept his body between the two of them had not gone unnoticed. Frowning slightly at the thought of the other man he paid the bill as the wheels in his mind turned.

He just had to convince her that they would be better off as a family. Once de Wolverine saw how well they all fit together he’d back off. What could be better for a child than her Mere and Pere? Grinning as a plan formed he turned to look down at the little girl who’d given him a second chance at the life he always wanted.

“ You hungry bebe?” he asked as she nodded.

“Come on your Pere will get you something,” He said leading her towards the food court.

Purchasing a sandwich for himself and an order of chicken nuggets and fries for her
he memorized her face. She was just as he thought she’ d be. His Stormy’s good looks and mannerisms mixed with his mischievousness and hair. Making a mental list of things for them to do as a family he braced himself for the battle with wolverine that was to come.

~~





You must login () to review.