Title: Solitude
Author: Ladie
Chapter 2: Busted

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the X-men or anything that belongs in the Marvel Universe; and no many is being made from this story


Heading to the garage after a long talk she tried to think of a game plan. Two whole months off! Where would she go? The choices were endless, and for the first time in a long time she felt the stirring of excitement in her blood. This was a freedom she was not used to having. Being in a place where no one knew who she was, or how she normally acted. It had been a long time since she’d last let her hair down, and she felt overdue for some fun.


“Don’t look like you’re planning on coming back no time soon darlin,” Logan said making her cringe.

Damn him and his silent entrances. She was what Jubilee would call “Busted”.

“Hello Logan,” She sighed mustering a small smile as she stood from loading the black SUV Charles had lent her.

He must have been coming from one of his many recent night trips. He had been spending more and more time away lately, and though she had meant to talk to him, she’d had her hands full with her own emotions. Still it pained her to see her old friend in so much turmoil.

“Where you headed to so early in the morning?” Logan asked stepping in to the garage to join her.

It wasn’t like Ro to just up and leave without so much as a goodbye, and he smelled the nervousness all over her. He knew the look of someone running away; and his gut told him it had something to do with the Cajun. Ro’s face was usually a blank canvas when it came to emotions, but when you got right down to it his nose never lied. He had been getting some pretty strong feelings when the two were together, lust, love, and admiration. They were always standing so close together, their scents so intermingled from sleeping beside one another that he could never really pinpoint who felt what.

“ Did he do something? Cause I’ll gladly kill him for you if he did,” Logan said lowering his voice as he moved closer and let his claws contract.

Ro had a spine of steel true enough, but she was delicate at the same time. Like a tree that bowed in the wind, but never broke. At times she was almost skittish, but after the life that she lived, one could hardly blame her.


“Oh Goddess,” She whispered, blushing as she realized Logan had picked up on what was going on. As uncaring as he could come across as, the man never missed a thing going on in the mansion.

“Son of a bit-” Logan said starting for the mansion when her slim hand stopped him on his arm.

“No Logan, its nothing like that,” She whispered frantic for him to understand.

“ I just need to be away for awhile,” She said turning to him with the look he’d seen in the mirror a million times before.

The look of a child born of the wild, stifled by the limitations of the school, and the society, burning with the need to be free. Curious about what was going on he bit his tongue, knowing not to push. She would come to him when she was ready to talk, she always did. If he was completely honest with himself, Ro was his best friend after all these years.

“ Where we headed then sweetheart?” He asked grinning at her look of shock and indignation.

Ro had always been there for him it was time for him to finally return the favor. She was so busy being there for everyone else she often neglected herself. ‘Sides, it was no secret to anyone that the white haired weather witch held a special place in his heart.

Pursing her lips and narrowing her eyes she bit back her unkind retort and shrugged. Logan was the most stubborn person she had ever known and if he had it in his head to go there wasn’t much she could do. She was also honest enough to admit to herself that she’d like some company over the next couple of months and his was always welcome. He had a way of putting things in perspective, and making her laugh when she needed it the most.


“ Very well then Logan, I would be grateful for your company,” She said rolling her eyes when she spotted is smug grin. It was a wonder he hadn’t responded with. :Well I am the best at what I do:

“Well let’s get on the road,” He said plucking the saddlebags from the cycle parked a few feet away.

“The thing is, I’m not quite sure where we’re going?” She admitted smiling at the mischievous sparkle in his eyes.

“Those are the best trips,” He said making her laugh as he wagged his eyebrows.

Yes, Logan was exactly what she needed right now.

~~~~~
Stretching as he woke Remy blinked as his sensitive eyes adjusted to the bright light. Stormy was all ready gone, but that was nothing new. She was up with the sun, while he preferred to sleep in. She called it lazy, he called it living da Cajun lifestyle. Dragging himself from bed he stumbled to the bathroom, letting the hot water from the shower wake him completely. He and Rogue had gotten in to it once more last night, and like usual he had come to Stormy.

He loved Anna Maria, he truly did, but things had been bad for along time. They fought like cats and dogs, and he’d done his fair share of hopping in and out of other beds. He wasn’t quite sure what it was that made him stay anymore. Pushing the sopping wet hair from his face he let out a frustrated sigh. Love was always complicated; he should have learned his lesson with Belldonna the first time. The only female who had ever truly loved him unconditionally and without judgment was his Stormy.

Which posed the question of just why in the hell he hadn’t stayed with her.
He’d had his chance, and he was starting to think he had made the wrong decision. Thinking of how right she had felt in his arms last night he couldn’t help but wonder if just maybe it wasn’t too late for them. Did she ever think about those months in New Orleans, when he’d watch her blue eyes white over with passion, and made her call his name? Closing his eyes at the thought of Storm’s whispered endearment of Etienne he let his hand slide down his wet body to slowly stroke his quickly growing erection. Breath catching in his throat as he increased the speed he braced himself against the wall, picturing a pair of sky blue eyes, luscious lips, and coco skin.

Feeling the impending crescendo he hissed out her name before giving himself over to the wave of pleasure that overcame him. They definitely had to talk.

~~~
When a quick sweep of the grounds and the green house found Stormy gone Remy went in search of Jean. If she wasn’t around, Storm was no doubt with her, doing whatever it was women did when they had time off. Shopping more likely than not, his girl was a clotheshorse for sure.

“You my Stormy around today?” Remy asked almost worried when he spotted Jean sitting outside, book in hand.

“ I don’t think I have Remy, was she not in the green house?” She asked equally puzzled when he shook his head no.

“You should check with the professor, he may have sent her out on some errand or another,” Jean said shrugging as she went back to the book, entitled “Evolution, the next step.”

“Come in Remy,” The professor said making him grin; the best thief in the world couldn’t sneak up on him.

“ I imagine you are looking for Storm by now, but I’m afraid she is gone.”

“Gone where, de store?” He asked not liking the look he was being given.

“No I am not quite sure where she went, she asked for a leave of absence this morning, and left about 7:00 this morning, I was going to tell everyone at lunch.

“Wat you mean my Stormy gone, and non told me first?” Remy asked looking at the Professor with narrowed eyes.

“ She did leave me this letter for you, but don’t worry I believe Logan went with her.”

Frowning he walked closer to the desk accepting the letter as he turned to leave the room. Sometin was wrong when his padnat was leavin da house wit out a word.

Dear Remy,
Brother I am sorry to leave so abruptly and without explanation. You looked so peaceful this morning; I did not have the heart to wake you. The spirit moved me to travel for the first time in years, so I decided to trust in the goddess, and follow my heart. Do not worry I can take care of myself, and I will be careful. I will return soon.

Your sister,
Storm without a y

Smiling at her reference to the nickname he tucked the letter next to his heart under the trench. Nothing about his thoughts this morning were very brotherly, and he found his face growing hot. He had a lot to think about in her absence. Picking up the cell phone, he wondered if he should call her, or let her be.





You must login () to review.