Title: Solitude
Chapter 3: Not Alone
Disclaimer: I do not own anything in the marvel universe, and no money is being made from this story.
A/N: The Info I’m using about “Logan” Is taken from the latest origins. Where they tell his history.


She was back there again, relieving the most tragic event of her life, and there wasn’t a damn thing she could do to stop it. Frozen, she watched the scene unfold like a movie on the screen.

“Etienne! Something is wrong!” She screamed bringing him from his spot on the balcony when she woke with pains racking her body.

“Wat da matter?” He asked instantly by her side helping her to stand.

“ I am not … we must get to the hospital,” She said suddenly weak as she faltered in mid step, woozy.

“Merde!” Remy said panicking when he realized blood was trailing down her legs.

“Hold on Stormy,” He said lifting her quickly as he raced to the car, doing his best not to jostle her.

“Oh Remy, its too soon,” She said sobbing.

“Shh Chere, jus stay calm.”

~~~
Four Agnozing hours later

“ I sorry dis happened Stormy,” Remy said quietly stroking her hair as he stood beside he hospital bed she was soon to be released from.

Ignoring his sympathy she struggled to reign in the intense anger she felt. It was all ready storming outside, and despite the situation she would not be able to live with herself if their was a lose of life because of some natural disaster she caused.

“Some time I guess der jus some tings out of our control Chere,” He said making her look up as salty drops that weren’t her own spilled on to her face. Trembling she held out her arms, offering comfort, they would grieve together.



Waking from her nightmare Storm gasped as she righted herself in the passenger seat. They had decided on Canada because Logan had a cabin there, and since he knew the way, and she was exhausted he had taken over the driving. Silent as her eyes adjusted to the falling darkness she breathed deeply. Things had ended shortly after that hospital visit. But maybe she shouldn’t have been surprised. Alone, she was always left alone to face everything. Wrapping her arms around herself she curled her legs underneath her.

“Thought it was my job to have nightmares,” Logan said making her turn to face him.

The sadness was an overpowering perfume in the SUV, and he hated to see her sad about anything if he could help it.

Smiling slowly at the concern in his gray eyes she pulled herself from the dark thoughts that had risen. This time, she wasn’t alone.

“I will be fine,” She said putting on a brave face that made him smile, and broke his heart at the same time.

He was there for her, if she’d let him be.

“ What do ya say we get some grub darling?” He asked turning in to the next all night dinner he spotted when she nodded her agreement.

Shocking himself, he made his way around the Suv to open the door and help her down. Since when had he been such a damn gentleman? Ro had a way of bringing things out and him he hadn’t realized were there.

“Thank you Logan,” She said, bright smile making it worth his while.

This trip was going to be full of laughter, and smiles if he had anything to do with it. It had been too long since they’d been out and about with no concern for the X-men or the mansion. As classy as Ro was she had accompanied him and the Cajun on many trips, the quintessential girl who was just one of the guys. He’d almost pissed himself the first time he had walked in to Harry’s, and caught her and the Cajun doing shots. Not only could she hold her liquor she could be loud, and boisterous. Ro was a rubrics cube, brightly strewn colors that made up one single unit, and were near impossible to figure out.

“There is something I’ve been meaning to talk to you about,” She said cautiously once there orders had been placed.

There was a right way and a wrong way to approach Logan, and she wanted to make sure she showed her concern without prying. He was just as intensely private as she. Perhaps that was why they were each other’s confident over the years.

“What darlin?”

“ You have been gone more and more at night lightly, I have been… concerned, but I had not wished to pry… is everything all right Logan?”

Pausing for a moment to decide if he was ready to talk he was taken aback by the way the words just seem to spill from his mouth.

“Been having some strange dreams lately darlin, different from all the others.”

“Nightmares?” She asked leaning in closer to continue their conversation at a lower volume.

“ No something more, I aint never really been one to have regular dreams, but these are of people, and places, I think I may have been before.”

“Logan, do you mean to tell me you think you’re remembering your past?”

“ I think so doll, and if what I’m seeing is indeed the truth, I’m a hell of a lot older than we thought,” he finished relieved to have the secret off his chest. Now he didn’t feel so alone.

“Logan that is wonderful,” Storm said grinning as she grabbed his hands.

She had always been the only one who held no fear of the claws that lay beneath the surface. Facing him down in the middle of his berserker rages and demanding nothing short of obedience in the field. Running wild with him the forests around the mansion. There had been many nights where no words were spoken between the two, she flew above, and he raced below, and always they would met at the lake to sit side by side, somehow drawing comfort in the fact that they understood each other. How two people could be so alike, and yet so different at the same time was beyond him.

“ I think my name is James, James Howlett.” He whispered peering up almost shyly. Sharing usually wasn’t his thing, but she made it so easy to do.

“James… It suits you old friend,” She said grateful that he was getting back some of what he had been searching for, for so long.

Maybe he needed this trip just as much as she did.

~~~

Playing with the cell phone in his hand Remy paces back, and forth. Three hours in the Danger Room had not stilled the restlessness he felt, and a fight with Rogue had not made things any better.

“You’re going to wear a hole in the floor,” Bobby said falling silent when he saw the glare thrown his way.

“I’ll just be headed that way,” he said heading to the other side of the Rec room. He knew when to leave the brooding and sometimes moody mutant alone.

It bothered him that she just left, he felt almost lost without her here. She was his constant, the reason he had come back here in the first place. The one thing he could always depend on his life, no matter how badly he screwed up. Maybe that had been his problem, he took her for granted. Sighing he left the room, not in the mood for pool.

“Remy,” Rogue whispered softly as he came around the corner.

“Wat ye wan Chere?” he asked un able to stay mad at her for long.

“ I wanna apolgize sugar, ya know I hate when we fight.”

“When don we?” He asked tired of all of the drama as he shook his head in disgust.





You must login () to review.