Title: Solitude
Chapter 5: Interesting Conversation
Disclaimer: I do not own anything in the marvel universe, and no money is being made from this story.


A/N: I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to everyone who’s been reading reviewing, and giving me honest feedback. Darling I really appreciate your honesty, because typos are my biggest weakness. So is the “tense” of the story, because I have a hard time deciding on if the story will be first person, or third person when I first begin to write. You guys keep on reading and reviewing, and I’ll keep on writing.

Lad


The rest of the night had passed without incident and the morning found them on the road once more.

“Are you going to call him back?” Logan asked able to hear everyone word of the message the Cajun had left on her phone. He was really worried, and as much as he irritated Logan sometimes, he truly did care about Ororo

“Yes, I will return his calls, but I am uncertain of how to answer some of the questions he may ask.”

Shaking her head she returned the phone call she could no longer put off. Remy was the type to act for and ask questions later. If she didn’t call him in the next couple days personally letting him know she was okay he would come looking. Which was the last thing she needed right now.



“Remy.”

“Stormy where de hell you been, you worry me ta death fille”

“I am sorry brother that was not my intention.”

“When you coming home ma chere? Der a few tings we need talk about.”

“I know, I shall return in a few months and we will talk then.”

“I be waitin chere, you know I here any time you need me “

“I know but I need time to myself now.”
“Je t'aime”

“Je t'aime,” She said relived to have gotten the whole ordeal out of the way.


“Everything okay darlin,” Logan asked making her wonder what he smelled just now.

“Yes,” She said nodding her head.

Now was not the time to dwell on thoughts of Etienne, she needed to be strong for Logan. There was no telling what they would uncover in the next couple of days.

“Have any more memories returned?”

“Just more about Rose, who had green eyes, and red hair, God I feel like such a jack ass now Ro!” Logan growled.

“Oh Logan,” Ororo said as understanding ran through her. All this times his seemingly unexplainable attraction and love for one Jean Grey-Summers had been a subconscious longing for a memory. Would he never feel like he had complete control of the things he felt.

~~~
“So why exactly did Ororo leave this morning?” Scott asked turning to face his wife as he sipped his coffee at the kitchen table.

There had been something off about their friend for a while now, and he was concerned. Ororo had never been one to openly express her emotions easily. So normally they could only stand by until she decided to open up.


“I honestly don’t know Scott, she hasn’t said a word to me about anything.”

Sighing a she was given the look that said he didn’t believe her she rolled her eyes. Scott always made her out to be such a big snoop, so she was a little nosey, no harm in that.

“Okay, let me rephrase the question, what has she projected?” He asked smirking at Jean’s raised eyebrow.

“I just think she needed some time to herself away from the X-men, we’ve all felt the need to get away from this place for awhile.”

“But Logan is with her.”

“Yes, but when hasn’t he been there for her? Is it so weird that he would accompany her now? Besides you know Logan doesn’t ask, he just does.”

“Not with her,” Scott replied, a sinking feeling making his stomach turn.

“You don’t think there’s something going on with him, and Ro do you!”

“Would that be so horrible Scott, Ororo deserves someone, she hasn’t had a steady beau since Forge, and we all see how well that relationship turned out,” Jean said angered by just how much of a sore spot Logan was; even when it had nothing to do with her.


“I know Jean, I want to see Ro happy just as much as you, but Logan! I mean … Ororo is, so beautiful, and classy what could she possibly have in common with him?”

“ Open your eyes Slim, they’re both in tune with nature, both survivors, and they seem to understand each other.”

“I just don’t want to see Ro hurt again, and Logan isn’t exactly the settle down, and in it for the long haul type.”

“For her I think he could be, but we’re getting ahead ourselves, as far as I know they are just friends.”

“ I think I would have sensed any stronger feelings developing.”

Scowling from his place in the doorway Remy turned on his hell deciding to forgo the kitchen for now. He found he wasn’t that hungry any more. His Stormy hadn’t been gone two days, and they were all ready gossiping. His Stormy wit Logan, the thought made em sick. It had never really occurred to him, that she might find happiness somewhere else. Perhaps he thought she would always be his rock to turn to, forever alone in her room waiting for him.

~~~

The closer they got to Alberta the more knotted his stomach became. Something told him, that this was the big breakthrough he’d been waiting for.

“How long until we reach Alberta?”

“Two more days,” he said knowing they could make it in one if he went without rest. Funny thing was, now that the moment was finally there, he wasn’t ready.

The memories couldn’t be all that joyful because he was a violent shit at times, and he knew in his heart that stemmed from more than just government experiments. Sometimes it was like he a completely different personality living inside of him.

“What are you thinking old friend?” Ro asked breaking the tension that had built.

“That after all this time searching, I’m not sure if I’m ready for what I’m going to find.”

“Something tells me I haven’t remembered all this time, because I didn’t want to, not really, the mind has a way of knowing what a person can, and can’t take.”

“ So who’s to say I’m ready now Ro, hell what if it throws in to a berserker rage I don’t come back from?”

“That will not happen.”

“And just how the hell do you know that!”

“ Because I will be there, and I shall not allow it,” She said simplistically with a regal note that took his breath away.

She who had brought him back from the brink of insanity more times than he could count.

“ I don’t want to hurt you Ro,” He whispered, feeling the darkness in him grow with every mile.

“And you shall not, Logan when have you ever?”

“I trust you with my life, why can you not trust yourself?” She asked with more confidence than he felt he deserved on his behalf.

~~~
“ I don’t know about you, but I could use a beer,” Logan said pulling in to a hole in the bar he knew of.

“I could use a rum, and coke,” She said making him smile.

The goddess was actually planning on letting her hair down, and coming down from the sky tonight. He had never seen Ro get a rum, and coke, and just stop with one. Smiling as he parked he pushed thoughts of his past to the back of his mind. A drunk Ro was a fun one. Taking in her tight jeans, and tiny white t-shirt he grinned broader, he’d be beating them off with a stick, and he wouldn’t mind a fight tonight.





You must login () to review.