Title: Solitude
Chapter 7: Confessions
Disclaimer: I do not own anything in the marvel universe, and no money is being made from this story.

“ I don’t know how it happened really.”

“ I never harbored any feelings for Remy, he was always my protector, the older brother who annoyed, but made me feel love at the same time.”

“Sure I sometimes wondered what it would be like to date, but only because we worked so well together as a team, almost from the moment he met her, Remy belonged to Rogue.”

Seeing Logan’s skeptical glance, she amended her statement.

“Well his heart did anyways, I do not believe she has ever owned his body exclusively.”

Remy’s infidelity had never been a secret at the mansion. As loud and as often they yelled, none of their relationship problems had ever been much of a secret.

“I was happy for them honestly, that they had found some kind of happiness, until Antarctica.” She said eyes glowing white.

“None of us treated him quite the way we should have after we found out… but to leave him to die… it was unforgivable.”

She hissed letting the crack of lighting fly as she thought about the time she’d spent searching the barren waste land for him, finally conceding defeat at the insistence of her worried team mates.

“I felt like a lost a part of myself when I thought he had died, he knew me so well, better than maybe anyone, growing up a thief like me, he knows the way my mind works, for his does the same.”

She looked thoughtful as she told her tale, head slightly tilted to the side. He tried to hide his shock as she told her story, how could he not have known she was in love with the Cajun? The coy glances and flushed checks when he was around. Their whole dynamics had changed over the past year.

“When he came back he was off, you remember,” She said waiting for his nod.

” So dark, and bitter, the only thing I could think to do was get him away from the mansion, back to where we were carefree youths living off the land.”

“ New Orleans.”

“Yes,” She said shaking her head.

“The first few months were the most fun I’d had in a long time. “

“Being on our own, no danger room, no missions, no history books, just me and Remy, laughter, nights out on the town, and food so rich it should have been a sin.”

“Sounds like you guys had a good time,” He said smiling as he pictures Ro living the life of a normal twenty-one year old.

“It was, and through all of this, there was no spark, no underlying sexual tension , until that day… I came home from the market and he was out on the balcony… he- he kissed me, and it was like a match to dry kindling.”

“Maybe you felt that way about him all along deep down inside.”

“Perhaps, whatever the reason, the passion was instant, we couldn’t get enough of each other.”

“We were happy, still padnats, and best friends, but more too.”

Shaking her head the explanation slowed, and he knew he was about to hear the reason why they had parted ways. Moving closer for support he wrapped an arm around her waist bringing her closer.

“ Its ok Ro, take your time.”

She always had a difficult time talking about things that had been painful.

He had known her for three years before she had told him about her parents. That she was opening up now honored him. There were few Ro trusted so completely, but that worked both ways he supposed.

“Then I got sick,” She whispered making him turn to look at her.

Ro was never sick her mutation also seemed to give her an immunity boost, and a slight healing factor, for she never scarred.

“ Sick how Ro?”

“ Flu symptoms, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, raised body temperature.”

“How long did this go on?” He asked wondering why she hadn’t just called the mansion.

Jean would have been there in thirty- minutes flat using the jet.

“After about a week, Remy insisted I see a physician, so reluctantly I agreed. He knew of someone who took care of people like us,” She said referring to the few out there who shared their dream, of peace for humans and mutants.

“Leave it to the Cajun,” He said shaking his head as he chuckled.


“That’s when we found out I was pregnant.”

“What!” Logan asked splashing water out of the tub as he sat up completely shocked.

“ I’m sorry, did I just hear you say you were pregnant with the Cajun’s baby?” He asked wincing when she nodded, and dropped her eyes from his.

“ I didn’t mean to yell darlin, it’s just a shock, and it … brings up a lot of questions.”

“You would think at twenty-one I would not be so excited, but I was ecstatic to have a life growing inside of me.” She whispered more to herself than to him.

“ A life that I had created with my best friend, my love… it is like no feeling I have ever known.” She said taking on a glow he had never seen.

Despite the pain hit all might have caused, she valued these memories.

“ The first time I felt her move in me was… miraculous, a tiny babe doing summersaults in my stomach.”

“ I used to think she was going to be a gymnast as much as she moved, it was like… when you’re on a roller coaster, and the bottom seems to drop from beneath you,” She said grinning as her eyes sparkled, ever the proud mother.

Picturing Ro content, and rounded with child made his heart ache. Pregnancy would only enhance her beauty, and nurturing suited her.

“How did the Cajun take the news?”

“He was just as excited as I… and a huge pain in the ass.”

“Males seem to think the word pregnancy equals invalid.”

“Its our job to protect our women Ro has been since the beginning of time.”

“You would know,” She said teasingly.

: Just wait until tell her I was born in the early 19th century: He thought smirking.



“And then it happened, I … miscarried,” She chocked covering her face as she shed the tears she had held in for far too long.


Glancing at the long lashed beauty beside him, he couldn’t help but feel a twinge of pain at the loss she had obviously suffered. It was all to easy to picture a tiny round faced, with big baby blues, coffee late skin, and wayward white curls. A little princess, mild tempered like her mother, and loved like every child should be. Stroking her hair he kissed her lightly giving comfort.

“All my hopes, and dreams gone in an instant.”

“ She only lived for two hours, five minutes, and thirty seconds, Renee Chance Lebeau was just born to soon.”

“She had Remy’s hair, and my eyes, and when she looked at me, I knew the un failing love that only a parent can experience.”

“ She was so tiny, barley fit in the palm of our hands,” she whispered lifting her palms as if she could see her once more.

Wondering how she had kept this in for so long, he began a gentle massage on her shoulders to ease the tension in her body as well as the ozone.

“ We left everything as it was, the nursery, the apartment that we still rent, I guess we never addressed it enough to have closure.”

“After the miscarriage, the communication just stopped, neither of us was ever the greatest at expressing our emotions when we were really hurting, and … then it was simply over.”

Looking up she was touched to see sorrow, and unshed tears. How like her Logan to take her pain as his own.

” I have spoken of this to no one until now Logan, than you for listening, my heart feels lighter for the telling.”

Brushing back a few stray hairs he kissed her forehead unable to convey how sorry he was for her loss.

“You would have made a wonderful Mother.”

“ That is what saddens me the most my friend, that I may have lost the only chance I had at Mother hood, I am twenty-four, certainly not an old maid, and yet I have not had a date in over two years.”

“Things don’t look good for me on the mother and wife front.”

“Ororo, there’s no way you were put on this earth to leave it before you are a mother, hell if you ask Kitty or Jubes now, I think they’d say you all ready are one to them.”

Letting his words warm her she smiled gently. She loved those two like her own. The young X men who had come to the mansion, so lost and green. They had both blossomed beautifully now, women in their own right.

“If I am their “mother” you my dear friend are their Father.”

The girls had both formed a strong bond with the gruff man, and Jubilee had practically been his shadow at one point. With her piercing blues, and unruly black hair one almost had to wonder at times if they were related

“I’m damn proud of those two.” He said struggling to keep his voice steady at the vision here words had conjured, a café Latte beauty with long black hair, and blue gray eyes. A delicately built little girl with Ro’s features, and his attitude. This was the first time he could ever remember having any sort of longing for children.

Nodding her head in agreement her thoughts went once more to Remy.

“Goddess Logan why is it he has moved on, and yet I find myself unable, stuck in some sort of sick game of charades.”

“Falling to pieces on the inside when he comes to me looking for comfort, clearly un happy with her, never knowing, playing the confidant always ready with a smile, and kind words is ripping my heart out.”

“Come here baby,” Logan whispered pulling her on to his lap, unable to take her sorrow any longer. Had he always been so protective over her?

“He’s a damn fool, you hear me Ro, you are a precious jewel to be treasured,” He whispered kissing her forehead as he gently stroked her back.

Relishing in the skin-to-skin contact. Her skin had always felt like silk, and her hair was wet and sleek, as it spilled over them both.

“ I don’t want to see you hurting like this Roro, you deserve better,” he whispered leaning forward to soothe her with a kiss. Kissing wasn’t out of the norm for them, but the chill it sent up his spine this time was a new twist.

“Oh Logan, its an open wound that will not heal, I need closure so I can move on.”

“ We’ll find it for you Ro, after Alberta we’ll go back to New Orleans.”

“ Thank you,” she whispered deepening the next kiss as she wrapped her legs around him, letting him support her weight in the water.

Closing his eyes at the feeling she brought forth with her movement he kept himself in check. For once in his life he was going to do things right.

: Do things right! : Just what was he thinking about? This was him, and Ororo.

:Bub you know exactly what you’re thinking: He admitted

Maybe once they were done battling their demons, together they would have a new beginning. Either way he would take things slow.

“I’ll always be here for you Roro,” he whispered in to her neck lifting her out of the hot tub as her body went lax. It was time for put his Goddess to bed tonight. She had revealed many things to him tonight, and soon he would be returning the favor.

“Stay with me,” She whispered pausing him when he would have moved to the twin bed that set on the other side of the bed.

“Please,” She pouted sensing his hesitation.

“Okay darlin, move over,” he said slipping between the crisp sheets as he pulled her body to his own.

Feeling her wiggle to get comfortable he slowly counted to ten. This was going to be a lot harder then he thought. First thing was first though, find out just who the hell James Howlett was.





You must login () to review.