2. Expert Introductions

The whole week passed soon enough and so did the weekend. It was around 10 AM on Monday that Professor Xavier’s voice rang out on the school intercom.
“This announcement is for the faculty, please come to my office at 12 noon sharp. Thank you and please carry on with your duties.”

The teachers and non-teaching staff gathered in front of Xavier’s office.
“What do you think this is about?” asked Scott
“I think the Professor wants us to meet the security expert” answered Ororo Monroe.
“Do we have to meet him?” said Jean “What do we have to with him. Can’t he just do his work.” She looked uneasy. Scott held her hand and squeezed it for support. Jean gave him a small smile and squeezed back.

“Everybody please come in”
With that they opened the doors and entered the office. Already present were the professor, his wife Liliandra and a third person.

“Good afternoon everyone and thank you for taking time out from your lunch hour to come to my office. I’d like you to meet the newest addition to our institute Mr. Logan”
With that the person stood up and faced the small crowd.

The first thing everyone noticed was the piercing eyes and broad shoulders of the man standing in front of them. He wasn’t very tall but with his muscular body and long wild hair he looked quite threatening. He looked at everybody in front of him and immediately recognized two people from his past. He didn’t show any emotions on his face, however internally he was frowning.

Charles wheeled to come to Logan's side.
“I’d like to introduce my fellow teachers and colleagues, starting with Mr. Scott Summers and his lovely wife Mrs. Jean Grey-Summers. They have been with me for over ten years. I was lucky enough to snag them right out of college before anyone else got their hands on them. Scott is our Mathematics and Physics teacher, while Jean teaches English Literature and Grammar.”

Scott extended his hand “We are looking forward to working with you Mr. Logan.”
“Sure, and it’s just Logan.” He shook Scott’s hand. Scott noticed his powerful grip.
Logan came in front of Jean, who didn’t meet his eyes. He just said “Mrs. Summers” and stepped to the next person.

“This is Miss Ororo Monroe. She was amongst my first students and is like a daughter to us. She teaches Biology, Dance and Music.”
Logan looked up at the tall woman in front of him and immediately noticed her long, flowing white hair, cerulean blue eyes and flawless mocha colored eyes. She smiled and held out her hand to him.
Logan took her hand lightly and said “Beautiful”.

Ororo was taken aback and her smile dropped “Excuse me.”
“That’s what your name means, isn’t it.”
Ororo smiled a larger smile “Yes. How did you know that, do you know my mother tongue?”
“Na, just catch a few words here and there during work related travels.”
“And what work about?” asked Scott Summers.
“I’d rather not say.”

“He is a trained killer. Isn’t that right……Wolverine?” Spoke the tall blond man standing on the extreme end of the line.
Everyone except Charles Xavier was shocked at this revelation.
Logan walked up to the man who was grinning.
“Got the fixed, eh…..Sabertooth.”
Victor Creed snarled at Logan, who immediately adopted a defensive posture.

The two men glared at each other and only looked away when someone coughed behind them. It was Charles Xavier.

“Wolverine, Sabertooth. What does that mean? And is it true that you are a killer?” asked Scott Summers. Due to his past history with Jean, Scott didn’t like Logan to start with and now was thinking that it might be a bad idea to let him work in a school, full of young children.

Before Logan could answer Xavier spoke. “Like Mr. Creed, Logan here was in the army. As for his work it is sensitive to national security.”

Scott was about to express his doubt regarding the children’s safety but decided to wait till a more opportune time.
Logan walked away from Creed to where Charles was, who then continued with the introductions.
“This is Mr. Remy Lebeau. He teaches French and also handles the gymnastic part of our Physical Education curriculum.”
Remy smiled and put two fingers to forehead to salute Logan, who returned the salute.
Logan turned to Xavier, “Just gymnastics.”
“Yes, the rest of the physical education curriculum including our hiking and mountaineering activities are under Mr. Victor Creed, whom you already know.

Xavier continued “This brings us to Miss Marie Darkholme. Apart from Victor and now you she is our newest teacher. She handles Art and Craft, is our clubs coordinator and the school Counselor for students and the faculty.” Logan noticed the white streak of hair on the dark brown hair. She was short in stature, almost as tall as him and had a pale white skin. ‘Hmm…..doesn’t get out much’.

“This brings us to Dr. Henry ‘Hank’ McCoy. He is our resident Physician and Chemistry teacher. And at the same time he takes out time for teaching Dramatics twice a week.”

Logan looked at the man in question. He was tall, almost 6’6”, with broad shoulders and a toned body. They both shook hands.
“You don’t like the normal geek or drama queen. You look more like a football quarterback.”
Hank smiled “Very perceptive of you. Indeed I played football in college and the quarterback. However a back injury forced me to give it up and look at other venues. Now I limit my sporting activities to umpiring at the student baseball games.”
Logan smirked at him. ‘Looks like a beast, but isn’t one. However, would pack a mean punch.”

With that Logan stepped back and look towards Charles, who continued “You have already met Liliandra, my beautiful wife. Along with being the vice-principle she is also in charge of all administrative activities. In short she runs the school.”
“And what about Chuck? What do you do? Sit around and look pretty.”

Everyone in the room winced at his comment while Scott frowned. ‘This guy is bad news. I need to talk to the professor about him.’

Xavier just smiled. “Thank you for your complement. However I am not too sure if I’d like to be called pretty. I spend most of my time involved with other external activities including scouting out new students for the school. We are very selective in choosing our students. They come from all backgrounds and ethnicities. As for teaching, I teach Social Sciences – History, Geography and Civics. And along assist Ororo in the various debates and group discussions.”

Logan nodded his head and said, “Well if we are done with the pleasantries, I’d like to get started.”





You must login () to review.